Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lamentations

I decided that trying to read the Bible from Genesis to Malachi straight through was really hard and just the idea is kinda daunting so I decided to skip around a bit. I'm not sure if this is the right way but hey if my preacher can do it so can I!

I went to one the the shortest books I could find and that happened to be Lamentations.
I thoroughly enjoyed Lamentations. It was like listening to the Blues but a lot more whinny. The five songs of Lamentations are sort of poetic and fun to read. Jeremiah changes his attitude quite a bit. In the beginning he is sad his land has been delivered into slavery, then he praises God forgiveness and mercy in a few uplifting verses them begins to cry again, then he wished this curse on someone else, then asks for forgiveness. It ends with a final plea to God to bring them back into their good graces. I guess God really does follow through with his promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment