Sunday, October 11, 2009

Well as much as I am excited to study Biblical Literature I am hardly excited to read the entire Old Testament. I cam from a pretty religious family, my Grandfather was a preacher, my mom was a teacher at a Christian Academy which I attended for four years and our family attended church every Sunday and Wednesday. I loved church, I loved being involved in the youth group and having a different family at church but I reading the Bible was definitely a challenge. I was pretty young so when given the choice of reading the King James Bible or reading Harry Potter you can probably guess which won. I remember being around around eleven or twelve and attending Cornerstone Christian Academy for sixth grade and having to read the New Testament for Bible Class. Our assignment was to read the book of Luke, I of course being 12 had no interest in who Luke was or what he had to say. So I procrastinated reading till the day before school and sat in my closet until around 3 in the morning and completely forgot everything I read the night before and ended up cheating on my Bible test. Ya I'm not proud that I cheated in Bible class, mainly because I got caught but I still feel bad. So as you can tell my history with the Bible is limited to late night closet readings and years of Sunday school and youth groups. So I am excited now that I'm an adult I'll be able to read the Bible and not be as confused by the language as I was when I was younger and be able to see the Bible in a new way.

No comments:

Post a Comment