Thursday, December 10, 2009

Last Thoughts

Finally! The last Thursday of the entire semester! I find myself somewhat torn between feeling sad to leave Biblical Literature and relieved to be done. This class has definitely tested me in ways no other class ever has. This is the one class that has tested not only me as a student but me as a person. In the majority of my classes I can get away with doing as little as possible and barely having to think. Its sad but I am sure many of my peers can agree. Yet this class has made me think not just academically but spiritually as well. The things I have learned in this class will stick with me for my entire life. Unlike a few people in class the Bible has and will always be a part of my life. I will always have a Bible in my room and I will always be a part of a church so the discussions and the revelations we have had in class will remain a part of me forever.
A few of these discussions and revelations weren't pleasant and they didn't sit well with me but no matter how much they hurt they were still extremely important. This class tested my faith in God and myself and in that way I am relieved to be done. Yet because it tested me so strongly I find myself wanting to continue being tested. Its a great feeling to be able to ask questions and seek knowledge. I know from now on I will not be a mere student in my Bible study classes but that one participant that wont stop questioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment