Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wanda vs. Sarah

On Tuesday in class a presenter talked about his hatred of Wanda's new character Sarah. I thought I was the only person who absolutely thought that when Wanda changed into Sarah she became a completely different person. I loved Wanda, I loved her fire and her willingness to break the rules yet as soon as she became Sarah she lost all her luster as a character. It was like in order to be with Jacob she had to give up who she was as a person. I hated it. Wanda was almost dead, yet as soon she started talking as she was giving birth the old Wanda returned. She wasn't afraid to speak her mind and tell the women how she thought. It was a beautiful moment. I was sad when Wanda died and it made me think if Wanda remained as Sarah in the end would I have felt the same way? And I don't think that I would have. Sarah was a boring character who lacked depth and emotion and only when she was able to revert to Wanda did she become her original self.

No comments:

Post a Comment